We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
The Company uses forms (both on and offline), online portals, electronic and paper correspondence, social media sites (such as Facebook or instagram) as well as telephone and fax to collect this information. Under the Privacy Act, we are required to take contractual measures to ensure that contracted service providers (including subcontractors) comply with the same privacy requirements applicable to us. Personal information we collect and hold may include:
- name, address and contact details (eg phone, email and fax)
- date of birth
- curriculum vitae
- qualifications and referee reports
- driver’s licence and passport information
- travel booking details
- bank account details and other financial information, or
- next of kin.
If you or another person provides Finance with sensitive information, Finance will only retain the information if:
- you have consented to the collection of the information and it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one of Finance’s functions or activities
- collection of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order, or
- collection of the information is authorised for other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act – this includes where Finance suspects that unlawful activity, or serious misconduct, relating to Finance’s functions and activities has been, is being or may be engaged in.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services. Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 6 January 2020.